Terms and Conditions
It’s all about customer satisfaction 🙂
We take customer satisfaction very seriously and we want you to have a great time every time you visit us. We promise to do our best to be friendly, helpful, flexible and accommodating. To maximise fun and minimise stress for everyone, we believe it helps to agree on some clear rules and expectations. That way you know exactly what you can expect from us and what we expect in return from you.
These terms and conditions address various topics, but the following are of utmost importance!
- We have a zero tolerance policy towards violence, abusive or threatening behaviour (whether verbal or physical), drunkenness and any other inappropriate behaviour towards other customers or our staff. We will without hesitation eject anyone who does not observe these rules and they will be banned from our premises – forever! Note that this policy also applies to all forms of communication such as email, telephone and social media.
- All of our customers expect us to start their activities on time and this is a major contributor to customer satisfaction. For this reason, we will do everything possible to run all sessions to schedule. If you arrive late or otherwise delay the start of your session, it will be cut short or it may even be cancelled altogether. We don’t like doing this, but it’s the only fair thing to do for all of our other customers. So, this is one area where unfortunately our ability to be flexible is very limited.
- To protect our customers’ privacy and the intellectual property rights of Get Unreal and our partners there are important restrictions on the use of your mobile phone whilst on our premises. Make sure you are aware of them as a breach of our guidelines may land you in hot water!
- To give you the best possible experience we use the very best in computer and virtual reality equipment and this stuff is very expensive! We expect you to take good care of our equipment and treat it with respect. That way it will still be there when you visit us next time…
- Please follow the directions of our staff at all times. They are there to help and make sure that everyone has a great experience in a safe and responsible way.
One last thing….this is not in our terms and conditions and we cannot possibly enforce it, but please do not disclose details of our escape room experiences to people who have not yet played them. As you can imagine, it would spoil everything. Instead, if you enjoyed the experience, please recommend that they come and play the game for themselves!
Thank you for helping us to give everyone a fantastic experience. We look forward to seeing you soon at our centre!
Now to the boring stuff….
These terms and conditions apply when you book or participate in any activity offered by Get Unreal or if you are visiting us as a guest of a participant. Note that these conditions apply even if the activity does not take place on our premises.
- Reservations for all activities must be made in advance on our web site at https:\\get.unreal.today. In order to gain entry to our premises and participate in an activity, you must have a valid reservation.
- Reservations can only be made online. We do not accept bookings by telephone, email or any other method.
- You must be at least 14 years of age to complete a booking on our website. The creation of bookings by persons younger than 14 years old is strictly forbidden.
- In order to create a booking on our web site you are required to provide certain details such as your full name, contact telephone number, email address and billing address details. You may also be asked for your age, or in the case of a booking for multiple persons, the age of the youngest participant. This information is required by us for contractual, security and health-related purposes.
- By completing a booking on our website, you certify that the information you provide is correct and truthful and you agree that Get Unreal may rely on this information with regards to its legal obligations to you and to third parties.
- You agree that Get Unreal may partially or wholly cancel your reservation or refuse participation to any person if the information provided for your booking is inaccurate, whether intentionally or not, with regards to the minimum required age of the participants. In this case you will not receive a refund or any form of compensation.
- Upon completion of your booking, Get Unreal will send an email to the email address you provided during the booking process with the details of the booking.
- You agree that Get Unreal is only responsible for sending the email and cannot be held responsible for non-delivery of the email to you. You should make sure that the email address you provide is correct, that your anti-virus and anti-spam and similar tools do not prevent the email from being delivered, and that you have sufficient space in your mailbox.
- In the event that you do not receive the confirmation email for your booking, it is your responsibility to contact us and request that we resend the email to you.
- Bookings are not valid until payment has been received in full by Get Unreal, even if you have received a confirmation email of your booking.
Use of Vouchers
- From time to time Get Unreal may make available vouchers that entitle the holder to a discount or that may be exchanged for participation in the activities that we offer.
- Vouchers may be sold on our web site or by our authorized partners. Vouchers may also from time to time be gifted by us or our authorized partners as incentives, prizes in competitions or as a part of our promotional activities.
- All vouchers issued by Get Unreal, whether directly or through our partners, will carry a unique identification number that indicates their validity. You may verify the validity of your voucher on our web site.
- Vouchers that do not carry a valid identification number, or where the identification number is unreadable will not be honored by Get Unreal.
- Vouchers may only be used by the person who purchased the voucher or, in the case of gift vouchers, prizes or promotional vouchers, by the person who was gifted or won the voucher.
- Unless otherwise indicated on the voucher, all vouchers can only be used once.
- Vouchers may not be transferred or assigned to another person without the prior written consent of Get Unreal.
- Vouchers may not be re-sold under any circumstances.
- Get Unreal reserves the right to verify the legitimate ownership of a voucher. If you redeem a voucher when you book your activity, Get Unreal may ask you for identification prior to your participation in the activity.
- Vouchers can not be exchanged directly for participation in an activity, for cash, or used for the purchase of other vouchers or entitlements. Vouchers can only be used by making a booking on our web site.
- All vouchers issued by Get Unreal, whether directly or through our partners, will have an expiry date which will be indicated clearly on the voucher. Most vouchers will have an expiry date 12 months from the date of issue.
- Vouchers can only be redeemed by making a booking on our web site. Redemption must occur on or before the expiry date which is indicated on the voucher.
- The activity for which a voucher is used must take place no later than 30 days from the expiry date of the voucher.
- Under no circumstances will expired vouchers be accepted.
Prices and Payment
- The applicable prices are those indicated on the website at the time of reservation. Prices for our activities are clearly indicated for each activity. Where we are obligated to charge a statutory value added tax, the amount of the tax is included in the prices indicated.
- Get Unreal reserves the right to vary the prices for its activities and to offer temporary or permanent discounts – either to the general public or only to a specific people or groups of people – as it sees fit. Once a booking has been completed you do not have the right to a partial refund or reduction in the price you paid, even if Get Unreal offer the same experience to other customers at a lower price.
- Payment can only be made using non-cash methods, such as via credit and debit cards, bizum, electronic transfer or direct debit. The accepted payment methods will be indicated during the payment procedure on our web site. Under no circumstances will Get Unreal accept cash payment.
- Get Unreal reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to accept or reject certain methods of payment or the use of specific debit or credit cards, within the bounds allowed by applicable laws and regulations.
- Get Unreal uses third parties for the processing of transactions that involve payment by credit cards, debits cards or bizum. We neither have access to, nor do we store, any credit card information.
Changes, Cancellation & Refunds
Bookings can not be cancelled under any circumstances and no refunds will be given.
- You may change the time of your session once, free of charge and subject to availability, up to 72 hours prior to the time of the reserved session. After this time, you will not be able to change the time of your activity.
- If you wish to change your booking a second or subsequent time, a re-booking fee will apply. The fee is calculated by multiplying €5 by the number of participants, with a minimum of €10.
- Changes can only be made to your booking using one of the methods indicated below. If by email, you MUST provide your booking reference. We will NOT accept changes to your booking by telephone or any other method than those indicated below.
- You can change your booking online on our web site at https://get.unreal.today
- You can send us an email at email@example.com
- If fewer people attend than initially booked, the price difference cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
- Gift vouchers are not refundable under any circumstances.
- Under certain circumstances, it may be necessary for Get Unreal to cancel your reserved session, for instance due to technical issues, staff sickness or other reasons beyond its control. If this happens, we will contact you at the earliest possible time. You will have the choice of a full refund or a rescheduling of your session at an alternative time.
- Get Unreal will use its best endeavours to start your session at the scheduled time. However, some minor delays may occur from time to time. We reserve the right to start your session up to 15 minutes after the scheduled time without compensation to you. If we are unable to commence your session within 15 minutes of the scheduled start time and as a result you are unable to take part in the activity, you will be offered a choice of a full refund or a rescheduling of your session to another time.
Schedules and Delay
- Punctuality is extremely important as any delay to our schedule affects all of our subsequent clients and has a significant negative impact on our business.
- Participants must arrive in time to commence their activity at the scheduled time. We strongly recommend that you arrive 5 to 10 minutes early to complete check-in procedures with our staff.
- If you are not ready to start your activity at the scheduled time, the duration of your activity will be adjusted so that the activity finishes at the scheduled end time. In the case of our escape games this means it is likely that you will not be able to complete the game.
- If you are not ready to commence your activity 15 minutes after the scheduled time, your game will no longer be able to start and will be cancelled. You will not be able to reschedule and you will not be entitled to a refund or compensation of any kind. At our discretion we may offer you an alternative activity of a shorter duration.
- If one or more people in your group are late, it is up to the person who created the booking to decide whether to wait or start the activity without them. Note that some activities require an even number of players, which is clearly communicated at the time of booking. If you booked one of these activities and you end up with an uneven number of participants you will not be able to start your selected activity. In this case we will offer you an alternative experience that can be enjoyed by an uneven number of participants. If you reject this option, your game will be cancelled. You will not be able to reschedule and you will not be entitled to a refund or compensation of any kind.
Conditions of Access and Participation
- Participation in any activity offered by us implies full acceptance of these Terms and Conditions by all participants. In the event that any participant does not fully or partially agree with the content of these Terms and Conditions, they must refrain from participating.
- The minimum age to participate depends on the activity chosen and is indicated on our website.
- Participants under 14 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who must be present throughout the entire session. The parent or legal guardian is allowed to participate in the same activity but they must supervise the minor in their care at all times.
- Get Unreal reserves the right to ask for identification documents that allow us to verify the age of participants.
- Each person who has a valid booking for participation in an activity is allowed to bring one guest, provided that this companion is at least 14 years of age. Note that this does not apply to shared bookings (where your activity time is shared between two people) in which case no guests are allowed.
- All guests are subject to the same conditions of access and rules regarding acceptable behaviour as participants. You must give your guest a copy of these terms and conditions and ensure that your guest is aware of them.
- You may not take part in any activity if you are under the influence of alcohol or drugs to the extent that it affects your coordination.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on our premises.
- We expect all participants and their guests to behave in a civil and appropriate manner at all times. Get Unreal reserves the right to refuse access or to expel anyone who:
- in the reasonable opinion of our staff is likely to disrupt our business or bother other clients due to being under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- displays violent, abusive or threatening behaviour, whether physical or verbal, or behaves in any manner that causes a nuisance or disturbance to other customers or our staff
- engages in reckless or careless behaviour which endangers their well-being or that of other customers or staff
- mistreats or damages our equipment, furniture, premises or part thereof;
- lacks serious personal hygiene;
- breaches our guideline on the use of recording devices and mobile phones; or
- refuses to follow the directions of our staff
- Refusal of entry or explusion due to any of the reasons indicated in the preceeding paragraphs will result in the forfeiture of your entitlement to participate in the booked activity and you will not be entitled to a refund or any form of compensation.
- We have a zero tolerance policy with regards to violence, abusive behaviour of any kind, drunkenness and other forms of serious inappropriate behaviour. Police will be notified of serious misconduct and offenders will be permanently banned from our premises.
- In the case of intentional or negligent damage to our equipment, we will seek compensation from those responsible and if necessary, report the matter to police.
No Animals or Prohibited items
- You must not bring any food or drink for consumption onto the premises. If you do bring food or drink items, we will offer you a locker where you must store these items for the duration of your activity. Bottled or filtered water is available to all participants free of charge and may be requested from our staff.
- You may not bring alcohol or drugs of any kind onto the premises.
- You may not bring or use any bulky, sharp or otherwise dangerous materials or items.
- Sorry! For health reasons animals are not allowed onto the premises under any circumstances.
- To ensure your maximum comfort we recommend that you wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
- You must not wear any clothing, jewellery or shoes that are likely to endanger your health while participating in your activity. In particular, high heels and platform shoes (higher than 2.5 cm) are prohibited.
- Some of our activities simulate fast movement or create the impression of height. Some people may be affected by these simulations and may start to feel dizzy or nauseous or become disoriented. If this happens you must immediately stop your activity and advise a member of our staff.
- We recommend that you are well hydrated before starting your activity. If you are dehydrated you will be more likely to suffer from dizziness or nausea. Bottled or filtered water is available to all participants free of charge and may be requested from our staff.
- You are advised to consult your physician prior to taking part in any of our activities if you suffer from any health conditions that may affect your ability to safely participate, especially if you suffer from epilepsy or a heart condition.
- You are advised to consult your physician prior to taking part in any of our activities if you are in the advanced stages of pregnancy.
- It is your responsibility to ensure you are in sufficiently good health to undertake the activity. If at any time you feel unwell whilst on our premises, you must immediately stop the activity and advise a member of our staff.
- To assist us in monitoring the health and safety of our customer, cameras have been installed in all playing areas. However, it is your responsibility to immediately stop your activity and advise a member of our staff if you feel any ill-effect of any kind.
- You must not place any item anywhere in the play area as it will become a hazard when you are wearing your virtual reality display. This includes mobile phones. You must place all items in one of the lockers that are provided for this purpose.
- Each play area is approximately 2.5 x 2.5 metres in size. When you are wearing your virtual reality display, a grid of lines will be displayed when you approach the boundaries of your play area. You must not move or reach outside this grid as you may collide or with a wall or part of the enclosure. You must be especially careful not to make any swinging or punching moves outside of the area delineated by the grid as you may hurt yourself or another participant. If in the opinion of our staff you endangering yourself or others and you continue to do so after being informed by our staff, we will stop and cancel the remainder of your activity.
Photography and recording of video by you
- The following rules are necessary to protect participants’ privacy and the intellectual property of Get Unreal and its commercial partners. Note that the breach of these guidelines is considered a serious violation of these terms and conditions and will result in the cancellation of your activity and your expulsion from our premises. Additionally, you may be subject to other legal action for breach of privacy or intellectual property laws.
- You are prohibited from using any recording device or electronic equipment, with the exception of your mobile phone, whilst on our premises.
- You may only use your mobile phone subject to the following conditions:
- You agree not to record any game footage being displayed on any computer display within our centre.
- You agree not to take pictures or record videos of other participants without their explicit consent.
- You may not publish, stream or upload any image or video taken on our premises to any publicly available service such as Youtube, TikTok, Twitch etc.
- Provided you have observed items a. to c. above, you may privately share images and videos with your friends and family on your personal Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp or other social media account.
Photography and recording of video by us
- We have installed cameras throughout the playing areas and reception area of our facilities:
- to help us monitor the safety and well-being of our customers while they are on our premises and while they are participating in the activities that we provide;
- to help use create a safe and secure environment for our customers and our staff
- to protect us from theft and to help prevent unwanted persons from entering our premises;
- to assist us in establishing liability in the case of damage to our equipment or facilities; and
- to record video footage for promotional purposes
- For the purposes of 1.1 through 1.5 above, we will store the video footage for no longer than 30 days, unless it is required for legal, contractual, or security purposes.
- If you book or participate in our activities, or if you are a guest of a participant, you consent to your images being recorded for the entire time you are on our premises and to the storage of such recordings in accordance with clause 2 above. You further agree that our staff may take photographs and record video of you whilst you are on our premises, for any of the purposes mentioned at 1.a through 1.e above.
- You agree that we may:
- make photographs and video footage available to police and other law enforcement agencies in the event that, in our opinion, it becomes necessary to do so for safety or security reasons.
- make photographs and video footage available to our insurance providers and legal representatives in the case of accidents or injuries.
- use photographs and video footage to support our claims for damages against you if in our opinion you are liable for such damages.
- We will not use the recordings from our security cameras for promotional purposes without your prior consent.
Promotional use of images and video by Get Unreal
- If we would like to use images or video (“media”) recorded of you for promotional purposes, we will ask for your consent. You may give this consent at the time of booking by selecting the consent option on our booking form. Alternatively, we may ask for your consent during or after your participation in an activity. If you give your consent, you agree that:
- Get Unreal may reproduce, use, display, and distribute the media, as well as derivative works thereof, for promotional and marketing purposes, including on its website, social media platforms, news outlets, internet publishing platforms and for direct marketing purposes such as email newsletters.
- your consent will have an indefinite duration and worldwide scope, without the right to receive any consideration for it.
- You may withdraw your consent at any time, after which you agree that Get Unreal will have 90 days to remove the media from electronic platforms and channels over which it has direct control. You agree that Get Unreal will not be responsible for the removal of media from printed materials or from electronic platforms and channels over which it does not exercise direct control, or where the material has been re-distributed by you or by third parties acting independently.
- Withdrawal of your consent must be in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by letter to our registered business address.
Risk, Responsibility and Liability
- You acknowledge that there is an element of risk involved in participating in our activities and that you may feel dizzy, nauseous or experience other more serious ill-effects even if you are considered to be in a good state of health.
- You also acknowledge that as a result of these ill-effects you may lose your balance and fall, or collide with your surroundings and suffer serious injuries as a result.
- You agree it is your responsibility to ensure you are in sufficiently good health to safely participate in our activities. If you suffer from any health condition that may affect your ability to safely participate you must not do so.
- You also agree that you will stop your activity immediately and advise a staff member if you feel dizzy or nauseous, start to sweat profusely, feel abnormally hot or cold, become disoriented, or feel any other ill-effects.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Get Unreal disclaims all responsibility and rejects all claims for injury, damage or loss caused, directly or indirectly, by:
- ill-health experienced whilst participating in our activities
- accidents that occur as a result of participating in our activities;
- Get Unreal recommends that customers do not bring any items of value onto the premises. Whilst we make lockers available for the storage of items, we take no responsibility for the safe-keeping of these items and will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered.
- You are responsible for the correct and careful treatment of our equipment and facilities. You agree that you are liable for the damage sustained to our equipment and facilities if:
- the damage is intentionally caused by you;
- the damage is due to your reckless, negligent or careless behaviour; or
- the damage occurs as a result of your failure to follow the instructions of our staff.
- You agree that you will compensate Get Unreal for any damage for which you are liable, immediately upon request by Get Unreal for such compensation.
These terms and conditions are governed by Spanish law. All disputes that take place in relation to these Terms and Conditions will be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Spanish courts.